Upcoming 2019 Course Dates:
Sunday, January 13, 2019
Sunday, February 10, 2019
Sunday, March 24, 2019
Some of the topics covered in the Walks ‘N’ Wags Pet First Aid certificate course include:
CPR and Artificial Respiration Bleeding & Other Wounds
Bone & Joint Injuries Choking Skills
Heat Stroke, Frostbite and Hypothermia Poisoning Parasites
Medical Conditions Eye and Ear Injuries Burns
Restraining and Transporting Injured Animals and MORE!
Registration form must be filled out and approved. If space allows, the payment total will be e-mailed, payment will be accepted by Pawsitive Touch Canine Massage and then an invoice will be issued.
The preferred payment method is by e-transfer, e-mailed to: email@example.com
**Registration is not complete until full payment has been received.**
Please inquire with PTCM if you require alternate payment arrangements.
I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.802.9957
You are required to attend the full 10 hours of class to receive your certificate. This includes demonstrating your learned practical skills and receiving a passing mark on your written knowledge assessment.
Classes are held at Nanaimo Pet Services at 4512 Wellington Road
Remember to wear comfortable clothing as you will be practicing on CPR dog mannequins and live dogs (or stuffed animals) on the floor.
Dogs are welcome if registered ONLY. There is a maximum of 4 dogs allowed to be registered. Your dog must be obedient, relatively calm, quiet and sociable with other dogs and people, as they will be handled by multiple people for demonstrations. Your dog must also be healthy and up-to-date on vaccines. Pawsitive Touch Canine Massage reserves the right to send any dog home if she/he is felt to be disruptive or unsuitable for the class. Pawsitive Touch Canine Massage and/or Walks ‘N’ Wags Pet First Aid and/or Nanaimo Pet Services do NOT assume liability should damage and/or injury be caused by your dog. WNW Pet First Aid covers information on cats, but due to the environment, we regret that cats are unable to be used as demo animals in classes.
While snacks and beverages will be supplied, there will be a short lunch break. Please pack a lunch for yourself or bring money to purchase lunch at nearby restaurants.
Private Classes (including business and rescue groups) are available. Please inquire at: email@example.com
* Our course is applicable to both dog AND cat owners.
* You receive an extensive, user-friendly manual and a “quick pocket guide” to keep in your purse or glove box.
* You receive a certificate upon course completion of the 10 hour course, valid for 3 years.
* We encourage participants to work with their own LIVE pets to further develop their new skills! (There may be up to 4 dogs approved per class.) If you do not wish to practice on live animals, there are stuffed animals available at all times, as well as CPR dog mannequins, to make sure everybody has access to the same learning experience.
* WNW instructors have various backgrounds including professional pet care, human first aid, boarding facilities, pet stores and rescue organizations.
* Our courses are informative, interactive and FUN!
*** NOTE: Pet First Aid is NOT a substitution for veterinary care. ***